If you bring users to CodeLicensing, you help the platform grow. So it’s only fair that you get rewarded – in terms of hard cash.
However, you need to play by the rules. The rules are transparent and fair, so it shouldn’t be difficult to adhere to them. Be clear though that we do not tolerate offenders. So stick to the rules, and earn a nice (extra) income.
Summary of the key points (as outlined further below)
- Advertising on websites with adult content, or hate-content, or similar, is not allowed.
- You only earn commissions from users who joined because of your referral in accordance with the terms of the referral process including use of your referral link at the time your referral registers on the site. A sale which resulted from direct product referrals or if the user does not register using your referral link for registration (but for example by using another user’s referral link) will not earn you commissions. So invite your friends before others do!
- All statistics relevant for calculation of commissions are collected by CodeLicensing.com and will be the only valid statistics to determine commissions.
- We track referrals via Cookies for 3 months.
- You can have only one account. Self-referrals are strictly prohibited.
- Once the website launches, you will need to complete your user profile (including full legal name and birthdate). All this information provided by you must be accurate and complete to receive commissions.
- You will not hold us liable for anything. Linking to our site does not mean that we endorse or accept responsibility for the content or use of such website.
- You are not allowed to SPAM. No SPAMMING. We will close your account upon any evidence of spamming. Do not send emails to people you don’t have the permission to send emails to. We cannot stress this enough, if you spam, you’re out.
- You need to comply with the US Federal Trade Commissions regulations as well as with any local laws, which apply in your country, which include that you disclose the referral link as such and that you will earn commissions.
- Any page that contains a CodeLicensing referral link must be written in English. If you want to place it on non-English pages please contact us for approval (requests [at] CodeLicensing [dot] com).
- Payouts of earned commissions will only be possible to bank accounts in Europe (SEPA) and North America. If you want to get paid out on a bank account in a different region please contact us for approval (requests [at] CodeLicensing [dot] com).
- If you don’t adhere to these rules your account will be deactivated and you will not receive any commissions.
PLEASE READ THE ENTIRE AGREEMENT.
YOU MAY PRINT THIS PAGE FOR YOUR RECORDS.
THIS IS A LEGAL AGREEMENT BETWEEN YOU AND CODELICENSING, LTD. (DBA CODELICENSING.COM)
BY USING CODELICENSING AND / OR SPREADING THE REFERRAL LINK YOU ARE AGREEING THAT YOU HAVE READ AND UNDERSTAND THE TERMS AND CONDITIONS OF THIS AGREEMENT AND THAT YOU AGREE TO BE LEGALLY RESPONSIBLE FOR EACH AND EVERY TERM AND CONDITION.
This Agreement contains the complete terms and conditions that apply to you becoming a referrer in CodeLicensing.com's Referral Program. The purpose of this Agreement is to allow HTML linking between your web site and the CodeLicensing.com web site. Please note that throughout this Agreement, "we," "us," and "our" refer to CodeLicensing.com, and "you", "your", and "yours" refer to the referrer.
2. Referrer Obligations
2.1. To enter CodeLicensing.com’s Referral Program you need to provide your valid email address. The fact that we then immediately generate the referral link does not imply that we may not re-evaluate your eligibility to the Referral Program at a later time. We may revoke your membership in the Referral Program at any time if we determine that your site is unsuitable for our Program, including if it:
- Promotes sexually explicit materials
- Promotes violence
- Promotes discrimination based on race, sex, religion, nationality, disability, sexual orientation, or age
- Promotes illegal activities
- Incorporates any materials which infringe or assist others to infringe on any copyright, trademark or other intellectual property rights or to violate the law
- Includes "CodeLicensing" or variations or misspellings thereof in its domain name
- Is otherwise in any way unlawful, harmful, threatening, defamatory, obscene, harassing, or racially, ethnically or otherwise objectionable to us in our sole discretion.
- Contains software downloads that potentially enable diversions of commission from other referrers in our program.
- You may not create or design your website or any other website that you operate, explicitly or implied in a manner which resembles our website nor design your website in a manner which leads customers to believe you are CodeLicensing.com or any other referral business.
2.2. CodeLicensing.com reserves the right, at any time, to review your placement of the referral link(s) and approve the use of Your Links and require that you change the placement or use to comply with the guidelines provided to you.
2.3. The maintenance and the updating of your site will be your responsibility. We may monitor your site as we feel necessary to make sure that it is up-to-date and to notify you of any changes that we feel should enhance your performance.
2.4. It is entirely your responsibility to follow all applicable intellectual property and other laws that pertain to your site. You must have express permission to use any person's copyrighted material, whether it be a writing, an image, or any other copyrightable work. We will not be responsible (and you will be solely responsible) if you use another person's copyrighted material or other intellectual property in violation of the law or any third party rights.
2.5. Upon launch of CodeLicensing.com you will need to provide further information about you, which will include your full legal name, nationality, country of residence, birthdate, and whether you are a private person, business or organization. In the event you are a business or organization, you need to provide also the name of the business or organization. All information provided by you must be accurate.
2.6. It is very important to us that you comply with all US Federal Trade Commissions regulations with respect to advertising. Therefore we require all referrers to comply with these regulations. This includes, but isn’t limited to, Federal Trade Commission 16 CFR Part 255: Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising. This makes it mandatory for referrers to disclose material connections between advertisers and endorsers. Therefore, any website that purport to provide an endorsement or assessment of an advertiser (in this case CodeLicensing) must clearly visibly disclose the fact that financial or in-kind compensation is provided from the advertiser.
CodeLicensing.com reserves the right to not pay out commission fees and terminate the affiliate relationship with you should we determine, at our sole and discretion, that you are not in compliance with the above mentioned guide or other FTC regulations we deem relevant.
3. CodeLicensing.com Rights and Obligations
3.1. We have the right to monitor your site at any time to determine if you are following the terms and conditions of this Agreement. We may notify you of any changes to your site that we feel should be made, or to make sure that your links to our web site are appropriate and to notify further you of any changes that we feel should be made. If you do not make the changes to your site that we feel are necessary, we reserve the right to terminate your participation in the CodeLicensing.com Referral Program.
3.2. CodeLicensing.com reserves the right to terminate this Agreement and your participation in the CodeLicensing.com Referral Program immediately and without notice to you should you commit fraud in your use of the CodeLicensing.com Referral Program or should you abuse this program in any way. If such fraud or abuse is detected, CodeLicensing.com shall not be liable to you for any commissions for such fraudulent sales.
3.3. This Agreement will begin upon you providing your email address, and will continue until six (6) months after the site is officially launched or the agreement is otherwise terminated as set forth in Section 4.
Either you or we may end this Agreement AT ANY TIME, with or without cause, by giving the other party written notice, e.g. by email. In addition, this Agreement and any further obligations to pay commissions will terminate immediately upon any breach of this Agreement by you.
6. Commission determination, Tracking and Payment
Under this Referral Program you will earn a commission fee if you refer new users PRIOR to the official launch to the platform using your referral invite as follows:
- Buyer Referral. A referred user that has registered PRIOR to he official launch of Codelicensing.com buys products within six (6) months AFTER the official launch of CodeLicensing.com and their purchase was not a result of any other direct product referral link such as the seller of the product referring the buyer to the product with a product specific link. If these conditions are met, you will earn a commission equal to 30% of the purchase price following receipt of funds and provided that product is not returned or refunded within thirty (30) days.
- Seller Referral: A user you referred that has registered PRIOR to the official launch of Codelicensing.com sells a product within six (6) months AFTER official launch of CodeLicensing.com and those sales were not a result of another referral link such as those provided by another user. In this case, you will earn 20% of the net purchase price (the amount actually retained by Codelicensing) following receipt of funds and provided that product is not returned or refunded within thirty (30) days.
- You may only receive a buyer or seller referral fee per transaction. In a case where you have referred both the buyer and seller, Codelicensing shall pay you the larger commission associated with a referred buyer.
CodeLicensing will be solely responsible for determining whether you qualify for a commission and what rate is applicable to such commission at our sole and absolute discretion. We retain the right to refuse paying out commissions if there is reason to believe that the underlying sale was fraudulent in any way or was otherwise in violation of the terms of this Agreement.
Payouts shall be deferred for of up to 30 days to permit returns or refunds of the original purchase(s). No commissions will be earned as to any refunds or returns.
Commissions will be paid exclusively to bank accounts in Europe (SEPA) and North America. If you want to get paid out on a bank account in a different region, please contact us for approval (requests [at] CodeLicensing [dot] com).
7. Promotion Restrictions
7.1. You are free to promote your own web sites, but naturally any promotion that mentions CodeLicensing.com could be perceived by the public or the press as a joint effort. You should know that certain forms of advertising are always prohibited by CodeLicensing.com. For example, advertising commonly referred to as "spamming" is unacceptable to us and could cause damage to our name. Other generally prohibited forms of advertising include the use of unsolicited commercial email (UCE), postings to non-commercial boards and cross-posting to multiple boards at once. In addition, you may not advertise in any way that effectively conceals or misrepresents your identity, your domain name, or your return email address. You may use mailings to customers to promote CodeLicensing.com so long as the recipient has expressly consented to receive emails from you via a double opt-in process, recipients have the option to remove themselves from future mailings, and your emails are fully CAN-SPAM compliant as well as compliant to the law of your recipients’ country of residence. Also, you may post to boards to promote CodeLicensing.com so long as the boards specifically welcome commercial messages. At all times, you must clearly represent yourself and your web sites as independent from CodeLicensing.com. If it comes to our attention that you are spamming, we will consider that cause for immediate termination of this Agreement and your participation in the CodeLicensing.com Referral Program. Any pending balances owed to you will not be paid if your account is terminated due to such unacceptable advertising or solicitation.
7.2. Referrer that among other keywords or exclusively bid in their Pay-Per-Click campaigns on keywords such as CodeLicensing.com, CodeLicensing, www.CodeLicensing, www.CodeLicensing.com, and/or any misspellings or similar alterations of these – be it separately or in combination with other keywords – and do not direct the traffic from such campaigns to their own website prior to re-directing it to ours, will be considered trademark violators, and will be banned from CodeLicensing’s Referral Program. We will do everything possible to contact the Referral prior to the ban. However, we reserve the right to expel any trademark violator from our Referral program without prior notice, and on the first occurrence of such PPC bidding behavior.
7.3. Referrer shall not transmit any so-called “interstitials,” “Parasiteware™,” “Parasitic Marketing,” “Shopping Assistance Application,” “Toolbar Installations and/or Add-ons,” “Shopping Wallets” or “deceptive pop-ups and/or pop-unders” to consumers from the time the consumer clicks on a qualifying link until such time as the consumer has fully exited CodeLicensing’s site (i.e., no page from our site or any CodeLicensing.com’s content or branding is visible on the end-user’s screen). As used herein a. “Parasiteware™” and “Parasitic Marketing” shall mean an application that (a) through accidental or direct intent causes the overwriting of Referral and non Referral commission tracking cookies through any other means than a customer initiated click on a qualifying link on a web page or email; (b) intercepts searches to redirect traffic through an installed software, thereby causing, pop ups, commission tracking cookies to be put in place or other commission tracking cookies to be overwritten where a user would under normal circumstances have arrived at the same destination through the results given by the search (search engines being, but not limited to, Google, Bing, Yahoo, and similar search or directory engines); (c) set commission tracking cookies through loading of CodeLicensing site in IFrames, hidden links and automatic pop ups that open CodeLicensing.com’s site (“cookie stuffing”); (d) targets text on web sites, other than those web sites 100% owned by the application owner, for the purpose of contextual marketing; (e) removes, replaces or blocks the visibility of Referral banners with any other banners, other than those that are on web sites 100% owned by the owner of the application.
7.4. Referrer shall not place the referral link in windows or pop-ups which are not the result of a direct click by the end-user.
7.5. Referrer shall not place the referral link on a page written in any other language than English. If you do want to place the referral link on a non-English site, please contact us at info at CodeLicensing.com to receive written approval.
8. Grant of Licenses
8.1. We grant to you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, revocable right to (i) access our site through HTML links solely in accordance with the terms of this Agreement and (ii) solely in connection with such links, to use our logos, trade names, trademarks, and similar identifying material (collectively, the "Licensed Materials") that we provide to you or authorize for such purpose. You are only entitled to use the Licensed Materials to the extent that you are a member in good standing of CodeLicensing.com's Referral Program. You agree that all uses of the Licensed Materials will be on behalf of CodeLicensing.com and the good will associated therewith will inure to the sole benefit of CodeLicensing.com.
8.2. Each party agrees not to use the other's proprietary materials in any manner that is disparaging, misleading, obscene or that otherwise portrays the party in a negative light. Each party reserves all of its respective rights in the proprietary materials covered by this license. Other than the license granted in this Agreement, each party retains all right, title, and interest to its respective rights and no right, title, or interest is transferred to the other.
CODELICENSING.COM MAKES NO EXPRESS OR IMPLIED REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES REGARDING CODELICENSING.COM SERVICE AND WEB SITE OR THE PRODUCTS OR SERVICES PROVIDED THEREIN, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF CODELICENSING.COM ABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT ARE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMED AND EXCLUDED. IN ADDITION, WE MAKE NO REPRESENTATION THAT THE OPERATION OF OUR SITE WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED OR ERROR FREE, AND WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE FOR THE CONSEQUENCES OF ANY INTERRUPTIONS OR ERRORS.
10. Representations and Warranties
You represent and warrant that:
10.1. This Agreement has been duly and validly executed and delivered by you and constitutes your legal, valid, and binding obligation, enforceable against you in accordance with its terms.
10.2. You have the full right, power, and authority to enter into and be bound by the terms and conditions of this Agreement and to perform your obligations under this Agreement, without the approval or consent of any other party.
10.3. You have sufficient right, title, and interest in and to the rights granted to us in this Agreement.
11. Limitations of Liability
WE WILL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU WITH RESPECT TO ANY SUBJECT MATTER OF THIS AGREEMENT UNDER ANY CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY FOR ANY INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES (INCLUDING, WITHOUT LIMITATION, LOSS OF REVENUE OR GOODWILL OR ANTICIPATED PROFITS OR LOST BUSINESS), EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. FURTHER, NOTWITHSTANDING ANYTHING TO THE CONTRARY CONTAINED IN THIS AGREEMENT, IN NO EVENT SHALL CODELICENSING.COM'S CUMULATIVE LIABILITY TO YOU ARISING OUT OF OR RELATED TO THIS AGREEMENT, WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, NEGLIGENCE, STRICT LIABILITY, TORT OR OTHER LEGAL OR EQUITABLE THEORY, EXCEED THE TOTAL COMMISSION FEES PAID TO YOU UNDER THIS AGREEMENT.
You hereby agree to indemnify and hold harmless CodeLicensing.com, and its subsidiaries and Referrals, and their directors, officers, employees, agents, shareholders, partners, members, and other owners, against any and all claims, actions, demands, liabilities, losses, damages, judgments, settlements, costs, and expenses (including reasonable attorneys' fees) (any or all of the foregoing hereinafter referred to as "Losses") insofar as such Losses (or actions in respect thereof) arise out of or are based on (i) any claim that our use of the Referral trademarks infringes on any trademark, trade name, service mark, copyright, license, intellectual property, or other proprietary right of any third party, (ii) any misrepresentation of a representation or warranty or breach of a covenant and agreement made by you herein, or (iii) any claim related to your site, including, without limitation, content therein not attributable to us.
All confidential information, including, but not limited to, any business, technical, financial, and customer information, disclosed by one party to the other during negotiation or the effective term of this Agreement which is marked "Confidential," will remain the sole property of the disclosing party, and each party will keep in confidence and not use or disclose such proprietary information of the other party without express written permission of the disclosing party.
14.1. You agree that you are an independent contractor, and nothing in this Agreement will create any partnership, joint venture, agency, franchise, sales representative, or employment relationship between you and CodeLicensing.com. You will have no authority to make or accept any offers or representations on our behalf. You will not make any statement, whether on Your Site or any other of Your Site or otherwise, that reasonably would contradict anything in this Section.
14.2. Neither party may assign its rights or obligations under this Agreement to any party, except to a party who obtains all or substantially all of the business or assets of a third party.
14.3. This Agreement shall be governed by and interpreted in accordance with the laws of the Malta without regard to the conflicts of laws and principles thereof.
14.4. You may not amend or waive any provision of this Agreement unless in writing and signed by both parties.
14.5. This Agreement represents the entire agreement between us and you with respect to the referral program, and shall supersede all prior agreements and communications of the parties, oral or written.
14.6. The headings and titles contained in this Agreement are included for convenience only, and shall not limit or otherwise affect the terms of this Agreement.
14.7. If any provision of this Agreement is held to be invalid or unenforceable, that provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent necessary such that the intent of the parties is effectuated, and the remainder of this agreement shall have full force and effect.